Interviews with John Kremer
As part of my Book Marketing Magic multimedia program, I outlined the ten most important priorities when launching a new book.
Here are the ten actions I considered the most important for launching your book. They form the essence of any good book marketing plan.
1. Create relationships with key targeted websites, ezines, and blogs.
2. Create a functioning website at least two to three months before your publication date. Launch it well. You can find out more about launching an incredible website via Module 3 of the Bestseller Launch Formula course.
3. Create an email newsletter or fanzine.
4. Send out review copies to targeted print media.
5. Send out media kits to major TV and radio shows.
6. Get distribution for your book.
7. Schedule a book tour. Start with a great local tour.
8. Prepare your review packets.
9. Create an Amazon bestseller campaign. You can find out more about launching an Amazon Bestseller Campaign via Module 4 of the Bestseller Launch Formula course.
10. Join and become active in some social networks. In today's world, that means Google+, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, and LinkedIn at the minimum.
In the Book Marketing Magic multimedia program, I go into much more detailed on how to implement these actions (including a listing of the resources to help you take those actions).
Book Marketing 105: Choosing a Book Distribution System - This vital mini-guide includes criteria for deciding how you will distribute your books. Also includes complete information on 30 distributors, 4 library distributors, 89 book publishers who also distribute for other publishers, 3 sales representatives to the chains, 27 bookstore wholesalers, 34 library wholesalers, and 23 Spanish-language wholesalers. Plus a sample book distribution contract. Ebook download, $30.00.
Top 700 Independent Bookstores - This database features almost 700 indie bookstores with address, book buyer, owner, event coordinator, phone, fax, email, website, and more! Cost: $40.00. This data file features an updated list of the largest indie bookstores that work with authors and buy books from indie publishers. The report comes as a data file download (your choice of Microsoft Access, Excel, or rich text format). The data files do require that you know how to use a database or word-processing program.