Alexa rankings were taken in September 2015 unless otherwise noted.
Article Syndication Advice
- More is not better. Focus on quality over quantity.
- Hand-submit to the top directories.
- Maintain normal growth rate on articles. Do one article a day or week, not
dozens at once.
- Vary your anchor text from article to article.
- Don't focus on you in the author block. Focus on your topic and keyword
Writing and Promoting Online Articles
The following article, reprinted with permission of the author, Kathleen
Gage, answers the following question: “I personally don't know anyone who has
gotten increased business from this tactic [writing and distributing articles
online as a way of building an opt-in list] and none of my clients have either.
Who is getting more business from this and what are they doing differently?”
Thank you for your message. The process of article writing and distribution
is a tool for credibility and positioning. There are several elements involved
that determine if you will be successful.
1. How well written is the article and is it specific to a market?
2. Do you have a title that grabs people's attention?
3. Do you have a resource box at the end of the article?
4. Is there a compelling offer you are making in the resource box that would
encourage the reader to visit your website, blog or a landing page?
5. Is your website set up to optimize those people who will visit your
website with a visible opt-in opportunity that is of high value to the visitor?
6. What is your follow up plan to market to the people who visited your site
and opted into your database?
7. Are you creating high value to those who receive messages from you?
8. Are you a resource before you are a vendor?
I often find that when one of these elements is not in place article writing
and distribution can be completely ineffective. I also find that people are
impatient and don't put effective systems in place, nor do they view the process
in the long term of building their business and increasing their revenues.
I have made money from article distribution in that it is a part of my
overall marketing strategy. I do not expect to necessarily make money simply
because I have posted an article. It is in the building of an opt-in database
and creating ongoing value for the reader that some readers turn into buyers.
As someone who makes a very good living from the Internet, I can vouch for
the effectiveness of this strategy. Many of my associates who also make their
income directly from the Internet use this method because it is in fact very
Making money on the Internet can be like baking a cake. If you don't have all
the right ingredients in the correct order you could have a total flop on your
hands. On the other hand, when your systems are in place you can be extremely
successful and have a very tasty outcome.
Does article writing and distribution work? Yes. However, it should be a part
of an overall marketing strategy and will be most effective when viewed this way.
7 Article Writing Tips to Ensure Your Targeted Audience Reads What You
Write & Buys What You Are Selling:
1. Use conversational copy. No jargon.
2. Use active voice. Avoid passive voice.
3. Make your copy benefit oriented.
4. Connect with your readers' emotions.
5. Keep sentences and paragraphs short.
6. Front-load your point.
2 Minute Approval Checklist for EzineArticles.com
How do you write quality articles in less time? By planning ahead and
discovering the article writing secrets to success before you begin writing!
A solid plan, such as a checklist, will help you advance to the next level.
Taken from our submission records to find the most common reasons why articles
are not approved during the initial editorial review, the 2 Minute Approval Tips
series is compressed to give you the information you need quickly and to help
you write quality, original articles.
We’ve taken those tips and turned them into a simple checklist that you can use
to help ensure that your articles will be approved on the very first submission.
2 Minute Approval Tips Checklist
1. Does your article's byline and Resource Box names match to avoid authorship
2. How many links are in your article and are those links situated to achieve
3. Do you deliver detailed and informative content to ensure your reader doesn't
4. Are you providing your own exclusive insights to leverage your credibility
and not someone else's?
5. Is your article formatted to best inform and maintain your reader's
6. Is your Resource Box short and to the point to direct readers to your blog or
7. Does your article read naturally or are your keywords interrupting the
8. Is your article accessible to a wide audience to better increase your
9. Does the anchor text of your links appear natural and professional to
10. Is your article title balanced with reader-benefited keywords?
11. Is your article message clear with proper comma usage?
12. Are you adhering to EzineArticles' affiliate links guidelines?
13. Are your links relevant and do they provide a quality user experience?
14. Using HTML? Is it properly formatted and balanced to help draw the eye?
15. Do you mention a location? Does your article provide specific and unique
16. Does your article stand alone without relying on the reader to reference
17. Is your article title free of special characters that might hinder
readability and syndication?
18. Is your article summary short, catchy, and to the point to attract readers?
19. Did you proofread your article to catch errors?
20. Does your article meet the minimum word count with quality, informative
There you have it! Your very own article submission checklist!
http://www.radioprguy.com - “When you decide
that you're ready to start dealing with radio stations directly, get Alex
Carroll's program. His top radio show database, tapes of dealing
with producers, and examples of actual talk shows will help you to become a radio talk show star.”
- John Kremer