Book Marketing 105: Choosing a Book Distribution System - This vital mini-guide includes criteria for deciding how you will distribute your books.
Also includes complete info on 30 distributors, 4 library distributors, 89 book publishers who also distribute for other publishers, 27 bookstore wholesalers, 34 library wholesalers, and 23 Spanish-language wholesalers.
Plus a sample book distribution contract. Ebook download, $30.00.
Top 700 Independent Bookstores - This database features 740 stores with address, book buyer, owner, event coordinator, phone, fax, email, website, and more! Cost: $40.00.
This data file features an updated list of the largest independent bookstores that work with authors and buy books from indie publishers.
The report comes as a data file download (your choice of Microsoft Access, Excel, or rich text format). The data files do require that you know how to use a database or word-processing program.
More great quotes at http://www.quotablebooks.com
In this issue . . .
- Sidedoor Publicity: Getting Your Story into Magazines
- Book Marketing Makeover Months - Join Now
- Book Marketing Tweets You Can Use
- New Opportunity for Children's Book Authors
Sidedoor Publicity: Getting Your Story into Magazines
Here are four sidedoor secrets to getting publicity in major magazines. I call these sidedoor techniques because they aren't the direct approach of sending query letters or making phone calls.
1. Writer's Guidelines - Check out their websites. Many of these sites include submission or writer's guidelines that provide exact instructions on how to submit to the magazine or online website.
2. Tweet. Almost every major magazine is now including submissions from readers via Twitter and Facebook. If you follow their tweets and Facebook posts, you'll find many opportunities to get noticed by the editors and associates.
3. Comment on their stories and blog posts. They pay attention to comments. Again, almost every magazine website includes many of the articles from the latest magazine issue - and most allow and even encourage their readers to comment and interact.
4. Blog. Join their social networks or blogging communities. About 10% of magazine websites include the opportunity for readers to blog and/or to participate in a social network.
In my Online 411 email newsletter, I'll be featuring opportunities under each of these 4 options. You can sign up at BookMarket.com to get these insider tips.
You'll also find many magazine publicity opportunities by following my blog posts and updates at http://www.magagenie.com.
Book Marketing Makeover Months - Join Now
During the months of December and January, I'm going to be featuring interviews with other book authors and book marketing stars on their key tips for marketing their books successfully.
You could be part of this special event. Simply email me with your answers to one or more of the following questions:
* How large is your platform or network? Did you use your platform or network in marketing your book? If so, how?
* Are you involved in any social networks? Have you used them in marketing your book? Again, if so, how?
* Have you created and posted any online videos? Did any of them go viral? How many people viewed them?
* What publicity produced the best results in terms of book sales? Magazines, newspapers, radio, TV? Which TV shows or magazines created the most impact?
* Did you speak to promote your book? If so, what audiences or venues produced the best sales?
* What Internet marketing technique produced the best sales results for your book? Did you do anything interesting to boost the effectiveness of the technique?
* What book marketing technique produced the best sales results for your book? Give some details or tell a story on how you carried out your marketing campaign.
If you have a good story to tell - that would be just as good.
When submitting your answer, please also send me your name and website or blog, plus a short sales message. This information will be featured at the end of your interview.
Please note: Your interview and link will be featured on one of my websites. Links from my websites are guaranteed to increase the traffic to your website as well as improve your Alexa ranking and Google love.
Again, email me your answers at JohnKremer@bookmarket.com
Note: I really need your help to make these Book Marketing Makeover Months something special.
Book Promotion Tweets You Can Use
There are some great book marketing lessons and book promotion tips included within these short tweets.
=> 13 Key Tips for Getting Booked on National TV - http://askthepublicist.com/13-key-tips-for-getting-booked-on-national-tv
=> We just hit 7,200 members at The Book Marketing Network. Do joint ventures with other book authors to sell more books - http://www.thebookmarketingnetwork.com
=> Mother Jones Magazine - progressive and liberal politics - editors - http://magagenie.com/mother-jones-magazine
=> Can't nothing make your life work if you ain't the architect. - Terry McMillan, novelist
=> Bottom Line/Personal Newsletter - editors and interviews - http://magagenie.com/bottom-linepersonal-newsletter
=> National Review - political editors and book reviewers - http://magagenie.com/national-review
=> Viral Videos: Videos Maximize Website Views http://myincrediblewebsite.com/viral-videos-videos-maximize-website-views - Video shows why you should have more videos on your website.
=> Book Authors Perennial Question: Where Do You Get Your Ideas? - http://blog.bookmarket.com/2011/11/book-authors-perennial-question-where.html
=> Sunset Magazine - travel, food, culture, history, garden, and homes in the West - http://magagenie.com/sunset-magazine
=> Be generous, and you will be prosperous. Help others, and you will be helped. - Proverbs 11:25
=> Boswell Book Company: Hang Books from Ceiling - http://askthebooksellers.com/boswell-book-company-hang-books-from-ceiling
The above are just some of the tweets I sent out during the past two weeks. What more did you miss?
Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/johnkremer
New Opportunity for Children's Book Authors
Cari Meister, a bestselling children's book author and mother of four, was recently featured in a full-page advertisement for Budget Blinds in Woman's Day magazine.
As she noted, "Children are just naturally curious. Safety features give moms like me peace of mind."
She probably made as much money from that one ad as she did from a year's worth of book sales.
So, any book author could have gotten that job. Why not put out a few feelers for yourself?
Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blue prints of your ultimate achievements. - Napoleon Hill, motivational author, Think and Grow Rich